When Batch took over Bertline in May 2020 after the sad demise of Bertrams, we were aware of how well-loved it was across the book trade. Now rebranded as BatchLine POS, it continues to be the UK leader in stock-management systems. As we improve and develop the service, there are even more reasons to choose BatchLine POS for your business.
We recruited Martin Beach and a developer from Bertrams to provide system support for booksellers. In addition, we secured the Clickatell SMS service and the valuable Gift and Loyalty Card data. The latter has been developed into a simpler service that can be accessed 24/7 via the Batch website. We have also created a BatchLine User Group on Facebook, where we post updates and where booksellers can share hints about using the system. Having safe-guarded the software, we then began work to improve the system in conjunction with a number of key UK booksellers. One development that we believe will be of huge benefit to booksellers is the ability to have an affordable, transactional website.
BatchLine POS subscribers can enjoy access to images and bibliographic data for their websites for just £240 + VAT per year. (Without VAT in Eire.) Booksellers can opt to use the data with an existing site or work with our recommended partners Broadband Cloud Solutions (BCS) to develop a brand-new transactional website. Visit http://hillsidebooks.bcs-hosting.net/ to see a demo example. More information and costs for the BCS options can be found here: Website Packages.
Please note that some of these are the original Bertline documents and have not yet been updated with BatchLine screens.
* Bertline 10 Quick Start Guide
* Bertline reports print to file formats
* Creating custom catalogue
* Hire a Koamtac 100 scanner from us
* How to Pay BatchLine invoices
* Info for new shops
* Standard kit listing and prices
BatchLine POS is a complete stock management tool for all your book and non-book stock that provides:
– a choice of methods for optimum efficiency at goods-in
– a simple ‘yes/no’ reordering system, including price and availability from Gardners
– fast one-touch customer stock ordering for all suppliers
– the ability to create invoices direct from customer orders with line level discount control and no tedious re-keying of ISBNs
– account management screens help you to keep on top of orders
– a comprehensive online title search
– a self-managed listing function for rolling stock takes, loans and much more
– one scan does it all: category and price are entered automatically
– compile anytime, anywhere lists using a low cost, hand-held scanner; record sales and produce orders
– free SMS text and email notifications
– free custom report writing
– Open Bravo comes as standard
From 1 January 2021, all support charges will be raised as a monthly invoice for payment via Batch and will be taken using the existing Direct Debit process. The cost of using BatchLine is based upon the number of computers at your shop, but there is no charge for new users who sign up between now and the end of 2020.
Batch will continue to provide support for BatchLine POS, but we will not be able to provide general IT support. However, you can find a list of recommended products in the 'Reports and guides' box, left.
* Generic installation instructions for all updates
* BatchLine 4.22 update (September 2020)
* BatchLine 4.23 update (October 2020)
* BatchLine 4.24 (November 2020)
* BatchLine 4.24 Fix for Start-up Errors
* BatchLine Web Exporter release notes
* Find Batch Suppliers' GLNs here.
* Open Bravo receipt printer and till errors - may affect scanners